Taking care of your natural hair is essential – yes long, but essential because it helps keep your hair looking silky-smooth and most importantly healthy. When it comes to our hair, aren’t we protective? So here are some Methods to keep your hair strong and healthy the ideal thought would be to get your hair done, of a protective hairstyle of your choice. I gathered useful hairstyles which would suit you. Styles like:
- Boxbraids – A excellent long term style. Good for protecting the hair and also from keeping you out of the toilet, styling your natural hair for a length of time. Instead, it’s a quick up and go style. Alongside it gives the hair a rest from chemical, heat damage and reduces breakage.
- Pick and Drop Braids – Similar to box braids, it is used with synthetic hair. Gives a more natural look, gorgeous hairstyle for all seasons. This protective hair is ideal to be kept in for 1-3 months or less, depending on how you manage the hair.
- Crotchet hair – This hairstyle will need to be braided into a cornrow. When doing this hair-do, you or your stylist will need to assure that the cornrows are not braided tightly, reason being because this can cause tension and hair loss even thinning your natural hair. Crochet is another slaying looking natural look. With Crochet the hair comes in majority of looks from straight, curly, braided, twisted and so forth.
- Wigs and Weaves – A very popular hairstyle in this generation, gives the hair a break from heat. I’d say this type of hairstyle is what you see more frequently than the above braiding methods. Wigs and Weaves have a massive range of different appealing looks, so you’ll never be out of ideas. A disclaimer with wigs and weaves, this style you need to be careful on not damaging the hair as this can be possible. Please assure if doing yourself you apply a protective base first than start sewing and when sewing do not tug on the hair as this can cause damage to your roots and hair. But besides that getting your hair sewed in will get you looking luscious.
Preferred Length – Too Picky? Unsure?
Choosing your length preference can be challenging when you are unsure. What can help? Try thinking on the length you mainly purchase or if it’s your first time, choice the length you truly prefer. It could start from short lengths 8 to 16 inches or even dare yourself to go for that longer look 18 to 30inch. Yes the lengths do get longer but it’s up to you, what length do you think would suit you. Another gifted tool we humans have is a sense of imagination- try picturing yourself in a hairstyle of your choice, what could help would be looking for a hair styles that you would love on yourself. You could even go through the months, every month or some months you have hairstyles set out for yourself going from different lengths to different textures, you could even switch up the colors. Be creative and slay your look.
Preferred Textures In Weaves – Changing it up !
Right ! So we move onto the textures, yes another picky choice us ladies struggle on deciding on. The types of textures that would be nice on you are:
Straight weave – Gorgeous silky look for all seasons.
Wavy weave – Gives that luxurious wild look.
Kinky weave – Natural weave blends well with our African American hair.
Wet Curls – Gives the hair a wet look 24/7
Body Curls – Boujie Golden look, locks the Curls
With weaves, they come in different textures but they also come in different styles of their smoothness and thickness. Here are some types that can help you identify your ideal type of weave textures.
- Peruvian – Is lightweight, it provides more volume its thick and it can achieve full hair installs with fewer bundles due to its thickness.
- Brazilian – This texture is very Popular, it is extremely luxurious along so soft has a lot of body and natural shine. It’s lister is low to medium.
- Remy – High quality healthy hair, hair is cuticles, meaning the hair goes in one direction from the root to the tip.
- Malaysian – Heavy and Thick. Extraordinarily silky, and gives a stunning shine.
- Indian – lustrous and thick more flexible and durable than other hair textures. Indian hair can be styled to achieve any look you would like while the hair maintains its natural beauty and it lady a very long time.
Getting Your Hair Done – Dosen’t Mean Your Dislike Your Own
Make Your Look A Book
Praise yourself, love yourself be creative, make your hairstyle look transform into a book. Take pictures, capture memories look at yourself and see how beautiful and powerful you are. Keeping looks is motivational you inspire yourself and test yourself to see what other looks you are willing to try next. Every page you make is your accomplishment. It doesn’t have to be a actual book it can be an album on your phone. I find this helpful and it puts a smile on my face and maybe yours if you see yourself in many different protective hairstyles. This is the many of steps to self- love.